Monday, September 29, 2008

Sunday Morning Conversations

For the last several weeks I have been asking questions during our services. That's not very different. I mean we have always heard teachers ask questions in churches. However, the questions I have been posing have not been rhetorical questions but ones that I really wanted to hear some feedback.
By the way, thanks to all of the brave ones that have been wiling to shout out in one of our services and give your insight to the subjects we are addressing. I know that this is a very new idea and yet I think it is a very healthy and potentially life changing one.
In the last few days Chris had a great post on relationships where he talked about the importance of really listening. You can read it by clicking here!
I long for the day when we can regular gather as a group and just share openly with each other. Where someone isn't the "Bible answer man" (or women) standing in front of the group but where we can learn in community.
This is the idea behind the internet site know as wikipedia, where the information is shared information. The thought is that one person (source) can't possibly have all the perspectives needed to really bring a full understanding to any subject.
My desire is that at LifePoint we would be a people of God who explore this thought in many ways and I look forward to the journey with you.
I would love to get some feedback from those of you who read this blog about how this whole idea strikes you!

1 comment:

Largaespada Family said...

Hey Joe! Well, since I am one of our blog readers, I need to tell you that I love the community learning idea! That's why I love my small group so much. I can hear what others are going through. Also, it's nice to share our journey with each other. One of the things I enjoy most is that scripture references are shared! Sometimes we get so caught up in our own research (or one man's research)when there are so many out there that we can learn from, build relationships with, and grow with.