Thursday, September 11, 2008

9 - 11

I bet 7 years later most of us still remember where we were and what we were doing on that tragic day that has simply become known as 9-11. There have been a lot of tragic days since then.

Many Mom's and Dad's have given their lives in defense of their nation. (This may not be politically correct but I mean Mom's and Dad's on both sides of the conflict)

This morning, in our staff meeting, we prayed for the victims both from that tragic day to the ones that are still loosing their lives today. God help us to hear from Him and God help our leaders to recognize the hugeness of the times we are living in and make the right decisions.

As Americans, I'm afraid we can become a bit arrogant at times and simply pray for our nation and our men and women of uniform and forget the others that face the same things in other parts of the world. Please don't misunderstand me, I am very grateful for the men and women who have fought and continue to fight for our freedom. I gave 8 years of my life serving in our Armed Forces. However, we seem to have gotten a bit off track somewhere along the way.

God is not an American. (Again I know this isn't politically correct but while Jesus was a lot of things politically correct was not one of them)

As you pray today, pray for our nation and others as well. Pray for all of God's creation, that we could find fresh and innovative ways to come together as one. (Jesus prayed for this in John 17)

Don't forget to read Proverbs 11 today! There's some good stuff in there that we will come back to in the coming days! The NIV has some specific stuff to say about how we treat our neighbor. Remember as you watch the news today and all the people they flash on the screen before you... they are your neighbor too!

1 comment:

Tyo Family said...

Hey Joe this is Kimberly Tyo. It has been a year since we have moved to Leavenworth Kansas and I tell you we desperately miss the LifePoint family. We have been looking a long time to find a church that we have felt comfortable in and so far no luck. I just want you to know what a wonderful atmosphere LifePoint has, it makes even the youngest and immature of Christians feel welcome and loved. Reading your 9-11 blog I have tears streaming down my face. We as Americans had such a terrible thing happen to us, and yes, we all tend to forget about it and what the military is still facing on a daily basis. Michael is scheduled to be back in Iraq in July. I am pregnant with our third child and knowing he has to go again just makes things so difficult. I just wanted to say Hi and tell you we miss the church family very much! Love, The Tyo Family