Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Benefits of Wisdom

Today we continue with some thoughts from the book of Proverbs. Chapter three is one of my most favorite chapters in the entire bible.
As a small kid my Grandfather taught me Proverbs 3:5-6 and I have held it close my entire life. Trusting in God leads us to a life of "straight paths". Straight doesn't mean without obstacles but without bends. God will lead us straight to the place where He intends for us to be. Are you trusting in Him today?
Verses 9-10 give us some great insight to God's promise to us when we honor Him with our stuff!

Here's a few questions for you to ponder as you go through this day:
1)Am I really trusting in God or am I trusting in me?
2) If I look at my stuff and how I am using it would others say I am honoring God with it?

If either of these questions challenges you to a place of discomfort then spend a few minutes in Proverb 3:11-12 and be reminded that God's challenge is to those He really loves!

1 comment:

Largaespada Family said...

Looks like I'll be spending some time in Proverbs 3:11-12. Lately, there has been quite discomfort in my life on the trusting issue.

And thanks for the book recommendation. Jarrett and I are talking about doing it together!

Jaime