Saturday, December 6, 2008

SORRY

OK, so I have been away for a few weeks! Life has been a little crazy and I just haven't taken the time to post. I could have found some time but I try to work hard to really prioritise my life and at times I have to let things go.I love writing here so I'm back in the saddle and will try to stay consistent at least for the near future.
When I took my break we were talking about the questions that a "Frantic Family" must ask themselves. The first two questions were challenging but this third one is very simple.
As a family, "How are we going to manage and monitor our decisions?" Once you make the tough decisions you must make as family there has to be a plan to monitor how you are doing.
A few weeks ago Carey and I spent an evening at Atlanta Bread Company talking through the decisions we had recently made. It was a great time to hang out and to make sure that we were doing the things we had committed to doing. As I said in another post, it is one thing to know what you want to do and another thing to be sure you get it done.
I am confident that anyone can sit down and come up with a plan for what their life and their family should look like but I think very few actually accomplish their dreams and desires. We allow our culture and what others say and do to dictate what our life really looks like. This is unfortunate. You and you alone can monitor and manage your life and your family.
Spend some time this week evaluating how you are doing related to your priorities and desires. If you need to make some changes have the courage to do so!

No comments: