Monday, November 17, 2008

Narrow it Down

Do you ever feel overwhelmed? Ok, now get up off the floor and please keep reading! Of course you do, we all do. Sometimes it seems like I have so much to do that I am almost paralyzed by the magnitude of responsibilities and the things that need my attention.

For the past few days I have been posting about the questions that each family needed to ask in order to live on purpose. If you haven't read the last 2 blogs you may want to back up and catch up.

Today I have another question for you that I hope helps. "What is your families top priority, right now?" If you could answer that question in a sentence then you have just created some direction. I know that we are all busy and have a lot to do but if you want to get somewhere, and get there on purpose then you must learn to prioritize.

If as a family, or even with yourself if you are single, you could sit down and determine what the most important thing is right now then that becomes your marching orders. You simply focus on that and everything else just has to wait until it becomes the most important thing.

Now, before you tell my I'm dreaming listen to a few thoughts:
1) I know that there are daily things that simply must be done. Get them done. They will always have a place in your schedule
2) Before you push back to hard on my plan, how's yours working? If it's going good then read no more. If not, try this one on for a few weeks and see if you get results.

We will look at our final question in a few days! Happy Prioritizing!

No comments: