Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's a Beautiful Day

As some of you know one of my favorite bands of all time is U2, and their song, "Beautiful Day" is one of the best. The lyrics go, it's a beautiful day.... don't let it slip away.....
That is what is on my mind as I wake up this morning. (Maybe it's because the song is in my ipod)
What if we said this to ourselves each day before we rushed out the door or began our daily routine. In my office I have a jar of marbles that represent the weeks I have left if I live the normal lifespan of a person in America. I'm fully aware that I am not promised anything and that everyday is a gift and every breath a picture of god's grace. The marbles (I throw one in the trash each week) are a constant reminder to me that life is a gift and is fragile and I have a little bit of time and a little opportunity to make a difference.
How are you using your little bit of time and little bit of opportunity to influence those around you for good?
It's a Beautiful Day..... Don't Let it slip away!!!!

No comments: