Friday, May 9, 2008

INTENTIONAL DESIGN

What if we began to discover that God designed each of us for a specific purpose? What would our lives look like? How would we spend our time and energy?
Those are some of the questions that I have been asking myself for the last several days. Now, as a communicator of the truth of God's word, I have been speaking about "finding our purpose" for many years, but what I'm talking about here is a bit more than that. It's one thing to find your purpose and know that you have one but it's another to live your life "on purpose".

This Sunday I will be talking about how the path you choose to walk on determines where you end up in life. (If you miss the message you can listen to the podcast on Monday!) The decisions that you make each day determine where you end up and if you are really living on purpose. How many decisions do we make in a 24 hour period that are based on what someone else thinks we should do or based on what we see in our culture.

When I begin to recognize that I was created with an intentional design then that gives me the clues into the path I need to be walking on. If God is the one who gave me my design then it stands to reason that He will direct me onto the path that will get me there. The questions for me are:
"Am I going to slow down long enough to listen to Him?"
"Am I going to be obedient when He directs me down a path that I may not like?"

This day, may you discover that you were created with an intentional design and as you discover what it looks like may you make the decisions that make it a reality in your life!

No comments: