Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Training

It's training time again! I am about 8 weeks away from my next fitness event and so I have kicked the training into high gear. Over the last few years I have discovered that the best way for me to stay healthy and disciplined with my fitness is to keep events on the calendar that help to keep me motivated. Last year I participated in my first ever triathlon and in a few months I will be doing a duathlon (3 mile run, 14 mile bike ride, 3 mile run). It will be a new challenge and adventure and time will tell if I am up for it. This training coincides with a new series that we are starting this Sunday called God and Your Bod. We will talk about the importance of taking care of the body that God has given us but also discuss the reality that how we use the different parts of our body really is a spiritual issue. If you're in the area come and hang out with us and you may want to join us for the God and Bod challenge! Details coming Sunday.

No comments: