Tuesday, April 22, 2008

EARTH DAY

So today is officially "Earth Day" and I am loving it! This will be one of those posts that makes my friends on the "right" a bit uneasy but we'll just go for it and figure it out along the way. It's hard for me to not comment about earth day as I find myself sitting in a campground on the GA/AL state line. We are set up right next to a beautiful pond where we watch the sun and moon come up each day and cast their reflections on the water.
We are feeding ducks and geese almost from our hands and this morning a squirrel ate a hole in our brand new "day pack" trying to get to the trail mix. What's not to love?
At this place in my journey I'm learning to embrace the beauty of creation and recognize myself as part of creation. God has placed all of THIS in front of me for pleasure and enjoyment.
This morning gave me a new appreciation for the creation story in Genesis where, "God saw all He had made and declared that it was good!"
David declared in Psalm 24, "The earth is the Lord's and all its fullness, The world and those who dwell therin." (That's me and you!)
On this "Earth Day" I declare that the Earth is the Lord's and He has given it to me for my enjoyment and His pleasure and praise. Wow!
Stop what you are doing right now , walk outside, look up and say "Thanks God!"

No comments: