Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Five "F's"

Finally, (that's not one of my F's) I have completed my goal list for 2009. I like to have them done before the year starts but this year I had some things going on that took a bit of my time and attention. But... after much thought, prayer and focus I have narrowed down the list. This year I have decided to lodge all of my goals in one of five categories:
FAITH, FAMILY, FITNESS, FINANCE and FRIENDSHIPS (Isn't that so cute!!!)
Seriously, I have found over the years that if I develop groups it helps me to come up with a better list of objectives. I also focused on simplicity this year. Sometimes the process of setting and deciding on goals can be a bit to intense.
Do you have any goals for this year? I would encourage you to take at least a little time and set some direction for yourself and your family!
This Sunday we will continue our series called "Frantic Family" where we will ask the question, "What makes your family unique?" We will also talk about learning to balance between setting out for a preferred future and living in the moment. It should be a fun conversation. One I hope you get to be a part of.
Over the next several days I will share more on how I came up with my goals categories and even give you a glimpse into some of the specific goals I have set. After all we need each others help to really make a difference. (I'll share more about that with my Friendship Goals!)
Have a great week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Joe,
Today's service was great. I enjoyed the video and funny thing is me and my son Chris were having the exact conversation (what you taught on) in the car on our way to church! I was pointing out different things to him and how awesome is it that God just brought it home for me by confirming everything said through you and the service. I am at awe on how he speaks through us to each other. Like I said, great service. You are definitely hearing from God brother. When we got home today we sat down and ate lunch and took on your "challenge." This is the best time for my family. I think we are finally figuring out how to live together. Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS to you and Carey on the new addition to your family. I'm so happy for you.

In Him,

Lori