Saturday, January 17, 2009

FAMILY GOALS

So let's move on to the second category of goals that I have set for this year. Right now at LifePoint we are in a series called "Frantic Family" and boy is it obvious that most families are living frantic lives. One of the ways I think we can improve in this area is by each year setting some goals for our family.

I try and spend a few hours before the new year begins thinking about areas where my family needs to grow, improve and focus and this year was no exception. I won't bore you with a lot of chatter about the need for doing this but I think you know it's true.

Here's a glimpse of some of the goals I have for 2009 for my family:

1) Focus on living, eating and playing for a healthy lifestyle (I think that where we live and the community we surround ourselves with, as well as our eating and our playing together will better position us for short and long term health)

2) Regular family discussions (This will come out in my talk next week, but it is so important that as a family we spend time talking together about our lives and how we are doing on the things we feel that are important)

3) Date Nights (This year I am focusing on more consistent date nights with all three of my girls... For those of you wondering, that is my beautiful wife and my two incredible daughters)

There's a few of my goals and some details... What about you? Do you have a plan for what you want to focus on as a family this year?

No comments: