Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Mike Leach

Now here's a story of knowing what you want in life and going for it. Mike Leach is the head coach of the Texas Tech Red Raiders. (You guys know how big of a college football fan I am) Mike graduated from Brigham Young University with a degree in 1983. He then went on to Pepperdine University School of law and graduated with a law degree in 1986.
After all of this time and effort he decided that he wanted to be a football coach. That had always been his dream but he was never willing to pursue it. "Why Not?" That was his attitude!
So today he coaches a team that is undefeated and about to play Texas (the #1 team in the country) this Saturday. A lot of people are saying that texas Tech will win the game. If you ask me I'm not so sure. However, Mike Leach is already a winner. He knew what mattered most to him in life and he didn't settle. By the way, Mike is one of only 4 Division I coaches that didn't actually play football in college. That's what I'm talking about. Having a dream and the courage to pursue it!
LifePoint Church has been a dream and vision of mine for many years. Six years ago in the midst of much criticism and questions from even friends and family I decided to go for it. Since then we have been on one amazing ride. There have been great days and not so great days but through it all God has been faithful and has allowed us to be a part of a great story.
For the last several months I have been seeking God about the next few years of my life. I have been sharing on Sunday's that I feel like He is calling us to take the heart and vision of who we are outside the church walls and make a great difference in our communities. I truly believe that the greatest days are ahead of us.
The last two weeks have been a time of great anticipation for me. I almost feel like I did when God first began to give me the dream of this place. I know that this is what He has called me to and I am ready to make the next run.
For those of you who have been a part of this journey, thanks for all you have done and I know you will continue to be a part. For those of you who are new to LifePoint, hang on because we are about to have some fun and watch God do great things!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We have all been changed as we have experienced Christ through LPC. I, for one, am grateful to be on the roller coaster ride, I mean journey. Did I mention that I'm afraid of heights?!