Monday, October 20, 2008

Buried Treasure

We are in a series right now called "Buried Treasure", and I am loving the ways God is stretching us! I am not usually so comfortable with asking people to consider giving like I have been the last few weeks.
For the last 6 years I have resisted talking much about money in an attempt to not make people misunderstand my passion, heart and desires. The reality is that I am starting to understand that people really do want to be a part of something bigger than themselves and that means we may have to step outside of our comfort zones.
God had no problem with the money conversation because His motives were pure. As I have prayed these last few months I feel like mine are as well so I am going for it.
We have been called as a church to make a huge difference in the lives of those we call our neighbor and it will mean that each of us will have to sacrifice. This past Sunday I gave a big challenge for the church and you can listen to it here.
Join us again this Sunday as we continue this journey!

No comments: