Wednesday, November 12, 2008

QUESTIONS

OK, so if you know me then you know how I am about questions. I just finished reading book by Patrick Lencioni titled, "The 3 Big Questions for a Frantic Family." Wow! What a great read. Pat is one of my favorite business/leadership authors. I think I have read everything he has written. This one may be the best because it speaks to one of the areas of great passion for me. FAMILY!
After reading this book Carey and sat down and spent a few hours working through our family values and making sure that we were on track. If any of us spent a few minutes thinking and talking about what maters most I think our answers would come quickly.
Here's the struggle though; Does what we say matters most show up in how we spend our money and how we spend our time? It's one thing to verbally say what matters most and another to make decisions that lead you to a life that proves that.
For the next several days we will look at these questions and talk more on this topic.
Can't wait to create a teaching series from this for next year!

No comments: