Monday, August 18, 2008

Wild Goose Chase

Mark Batterson has done it again! I just finished reviewing a copy of his new book, "Wild Goose Chase" and I feel like I need to grab my backpack, head to North Georgia, and start hiking the Appalachian Trail. That's one of my "life goals"

One of the main thrusts of the book is setting goals and pursuing the things God has put in your heart to do. Most of us sell ourselves short and by doing so we are selling God short.
Mark says that if we are going to experience God's best for our lives then we must learn "to play offense. You've got to play to win!"

Last year I had the privilege of hearing Mark speak and then talking with him for a few minutes at the Catalyst Conference. He's one of those guys that has become a long distance mentor to me through his speaking and writing both from books and his blog.

I would encourage you to make his blog a part of your daily reading! You can connect at: www.markbatterson.com

One of the greatest challenges that I have faced in several years came from Mark's inspiration: sitting down and developing a list of 100 Life Goals. He speaks of this practice in his newest book.

It has been said that "we will all end up somewhere in life so why not end up there on purpose."

Today, I encourage you to purchase a copy of "Wild Goose Chase", read it the minute it lands in your hands, and then spend the rest of your life chasing the Wild Goose.

Find out more at www.chasethegoose.com or go straight to www.amazon.com and order your copy!

Thanks for the challenge Mark!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by. I missed you tuesday, and hope the Mrs. is in good spirits. You ARE my pastor... admired, and respected,in case you didn't know.