Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Benefits of Suffering

OK, so not my favorite title or subject! However, I think we have to face the reality that suffering has a place in our lives. I will talk briefly about this at Night of Worship this week.
It seems to me that whenever we talk about suffering, especially as followers of Christ, that we have this negative tone in our conversation. What if we could begin to see suffering for what it really is, "An opportunity to see God in unique ways and an opportunity to grow." The Bible doesn't seem to share this negative view we have of suffering.
As a matter of fact James said "Consider it pure joy, my brothers when you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." James 1:2-3
May I suggest that you go and read the verses that follow for a better grasp on the benefits of suffering in our lives.
Today, no matter what we are facing could we ask God to reveal himself to us in unique ways and allow us the strength and grace to persevere!

No comments: