Thursday, August 7, 2008

Night of Worship

Last night we had one of the most amazing times ever at "Night of Worship". For those of you not familiar we gather the first Wednesday of the month about 8-9 months out of the year for a time of music and communion. Some months I share some brief thoughts as I did last night on suffering. You can get the basics from my post yesterday.
My post today is really not about anything I shared but about the amazing time of worship through song that Chris and our band lead us into. We are so fortunate at LifePoint to have a guy like Chris with his gifts, talents and passions to see people truly experience Christ. That's exactly how I left feeling last night. (I experienced Christ)
We go through life a lot of times knowing about God but to experience Him takes our journey to a new level.
Kudo's to Chris, the band, the guys in the sound/media booth, the ladies who set up the room and anyone else who made last night possible. Today I have been able to continue the experience in my heart because of your efforts and availability.
If you missed last night join us in September for what I know will be another great time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think I accidentally left this post somewhere else, so I am re-posting it here.

Hey Joe.

I just wanted to tell you that "Pillars" is by far one of my most favorite series yet. I appreciate your getting in the Word and getting US to get into the Word. I understand that when He said "I am the way, the truth and the life" He was talking about a journey, not necessarily a place. We all strive to get to the "big pie in the sky" while wasting all of the time He has given us here. I'm ready to "have life and have it more abundantly" right now, today. The rest is just "lagniappe" (go look that up LOL) -- anyway, thanks for reminding me through these messages who my King is and what He is really all about. Great job Joe Tessin! Keep up the good work.