Thursday, June 5, 2008

Life Altering Experiences

We've all had those times in our lives when we knew that we had just experienced something that would alter the entire course of our lives. That is how I would describe the last 2 1/2 days for me. Almost four months ago I began a journey with a group of people through several texts that have really stretched my thinking. Each week we worked through a series of writings and lectures and spent time posting our comments to each other. It all came together this week as we met in Indiana for a few days of conversation and bringing our thoughts to some conclusion. At least that is what we had hoped to do. In reality what we have done is to just introduce ourselves to an entirely new set of questions. We didn't really answer anything but we started asking many more and new questions. I am learning more and more each day that who I become will be directly related to the questions I ask. We live in a culture, especially in the church, where people are more concerned with answering questions than asking them. If we are going to be who God wants us to be in the days ahead we have to be willing to ask different and better questions, even if there is no clear answer.

No comments: