Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Jimmy John's

I just ate an amazing sandwich at a place called Jimmy John's in Michigan City, Indiana. What was even more amazing than the food was the service. From the time we walked in the door to the time a specialty sandwich was in my hands may have been 4 minutes, and that's because it took me
3 1/2 minutes to decide what I wanted. Here was my thought; "they get the service thing."
The service really blew me away. So here's my question to self;
Do I get the service thing?
Do I understand that my life is to be emptied out in service of others?
The truth of the matter is that most of my life I have looked to be served. I want others to serve me and meet my needs. I want the church to serve me and meet my needs.
Here's a question to consider;
How can I empty myself of my need to be served and live a life that focuses on others?

No comments: